This week, I learned how to create a image where you make the object or object float in the picture. I done this by taking a picture of the background first, then of the subject. Making sure that with both pictures line up correctly. Then cutting out the subject from the photo to make a new layer and making it. By doing this, I can get rid of what ever the subject was sitting on, as in both pictures below.
The second photo didn’t work as well as the first as the subject had their feet out of the shot, meaning that the illusion wouldn’t work well. Also that she was in a generic sitting position, meaning that it wouldn’t pass off as floating as it needs to be impossible. Which is shown in the first picture as it was my second attempt of creating a levitation photo. with was better as the subject was fully in the shot and is positioned in a way that it wouldn’t be possible. With the second image, there is lens glare, which would ruin a photo. If I am doing another outside photo, I would need to make sure that the camera is facing away from the sun to avoid the glare, or have a lens hood. I didn’t have a problem with this in the first image as it was taken inside.
We also learned how to use old cameras that use film rolls. I learned how to place the roll of film into the camera, which was easier to do then I thought. We had to take pictures of anything that resembled the alphabet that I found a little difficult as I couldn’t find certain letters around the college. But I managed to get through the whole alphabet with extra film, which I just shot random images to use it up.
Then, we were shown how to put the film into the developing tub before doing it ourselves. It sounds easy, but the catch was that we had to do this in complete darkness. Which was a challenge as I couldn’t see what I was picking up or where the stuff was. Opening the canister to get the film was difficult, as it was sealed tight. But the hardest part was trying to get the film into the reel, I couldn’t find the end to put the film into.
Once we got the film into the tub, we had to develop it. Firstly by washing it and pouring developer into it and let it sit for seven and a half minutes, making sure to shake it each minute. Then rinsing it again in water for ten minutes before pouring fixer into it and waiting for five minutes. By this time, the film would be able to be taken out of the reel to dry.