this week, I was able to shoot for my Final Image. In which one of them was for the final image called ‘Hidden’ and the other called ‘Castout’. For ‘Castout’, I had a bit of trouble getting the subject into focus, but managed to get them into focus and have the correct exposure for one half of the image. for the second half, I originally wanted to have a grey background for the subject who was facing the camera, however, when I reviewed the shot, I found that the subject does not show as much as I wanted them to be. so I instead changed the background to white, in which turned out better in the image. when I began to edit the two images together, I made two versions of the final image. one was where the subjects in the background were copied and pasted into the image and placed in different areas of the image. the other version was the subjects in the background on one side were flipped so that the light source seemed to originate from the middle of the image. with a bit of peer feedback, I decided to use the version where the subject was flipped on one side of the image as this felt more natural within the image. then with this, I made them black and white and lowered the saturation so that the subject facing the camera would be focused on first. but I felt the subjects in the background didn’t feel as if they were fading into the background as the light that is shone on them looked too bright. so I made another layer and colored in where the light had shone onto the subject with black and a low opacity to dull down the light. this would make them look like they were walking away into the darkness.
With ‘Hidden’, I wanted to have an image that suggested that the subject was hiding away from society. for this, I had the subject looking away, making out as if they are pulling their hood over their face with a sad or depressed expression. with this, I took shots at different angles to see if I could capture the mood differently in the images. I also got the idea for a test shoot, where it looks like someone is trying to pull the subjects hood off their head. This was done by masking the image of the arm into the image of the subject. with the edits I had done to the image, I felt that the white background had to be lighter, so with another layer, I had brightened the background with the white color brush tool, making sure to carefully go over near the subject and arm. I would continue with this to finish the image.